What Are the Pros and Cons of Working in Income Tax Department?
by Demarco Gonzalez | May 31, 2017 9:41 am
While many people choose to make a career in engineering or medical, there are many other people who aspire for other career options as well. For instance, there are many people who would want to get into designing or administration. In the line of administration, you can also opt for a career in the income tax department. You can find several latest income tax jobs in the market that are extremely promising. Before you decide to work in the income tax department, there are a few things that you should know about it.
Here are some of the pros and cons of working in an income tax department:
Pros of Working in Income Tax Department
- A Wide Variety of Insurances: When you start working in an income tax department, you will see that you are entitled to receive a large number of insurances like dental insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance and healthcare insurance.
- Retirement Plans and Finances: Since the income tax department is a government service, you are also going to reap benefits from your retirement. You will also have many options to help and manage your finances like a pension plan, retirement plan, equity and stock options and your work will also include a bonus based on your performance.
- Family Life: Unlike other career options that burden you with so much work that you isolate yourself from your family, your job at the income tax department will be comfortable and flexible. There will also be days allotted when you can work from home. Your job will also comprise of an option for child care. With respect to the leaves, you will be given maternity as well as paternity leaves along with extended leave, but that will be unpaid.
- Perks: In addition to the above, you will be given a company car, an employee discount, gym membership and other such perks.
Cons of Working in Income Tax Department
- Corruption: The first downside of being in a government service is corruption. Every time you would enter a conversation with any of the fellow client, he would want to offer you some bribe in exchange for some work done because we cannot say that everyone pays taxes honestly. It will be your decision to decide whether you want to accept the bribe and be called corrupted or deny the bribe and remain honest.
- Working Hours: There are moments when you may get burdened with work. In such cases, you will not be allowed to leave without completing your work first. Thus, the working hours can become very tired and sitting on the chair all day can make most of your body parts extremely sore. Though this happens rarely, it is still a downside.
- latest income tax jobs: http://www.monsterindia.com/income-tax-jobs.html
Source URL: http://betacash.org/what-are-the-pros-and-cons-of-working-in-income-tax-department/
Copyright ©2018 Beta Cash unless otherwise noted.